Create a final culminating film or other media works that is between 1 minute (animation) and 2-3 minutes (Films).
Steps to Success
- Make groups – You can make groups from 1 to 3 people. There will be no groups of 4.
Not all group members will be evaluated equally. There will have to be a self evaluation of yourself and other group members
- Treatment – You outline the project and what the final product will look like. Share your ideas with me before getting approval.
- Production Schedule and Daily Journal- Set up a calendar that includes a minimum of two conferences with the teacher and two interim deadlines. Do this in the same Google doc as your treatment. Complete the daily journal with a few sentences for each day of work.
- Evaluation Rubric There will marks to the process as well as the final product. Knowledge, Communication, Application, Thinking.
- Written work This can include storyboard, rough animation sketches, challenges & changes, music plans or online journal entries for your work.
- Shooting film, photography or working on animations in Flash or Blender.
- If doing a film, it should be between 2 minutes and 4 minutes long.
Post – Production
- Editing film or editing animation in iMovie or Flash.
- Getting feedback from other peers and teacher to edit film again.
- Adding all credits to film or animation
- Mixing music with Garageband with Creative Commons audio, royalty free music.
Live Action Film
Examples of projects done in the past:
Evaluation of Peer Work
You are done your culminating activity, hooray! Now it is time to evaluate each others’ work.
You will also need to do a self evaluation where you will also critique your group members.