Create a 1-4 minute digital art piece, using video, animation or audio. (10 minute maximum) It could be a 2D animation, video or original song.
The theme of your work is “What’s your Super Power?”
“We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.” – J.K. Rowling
We want you to know that you’re amazing. From your greatest successes to the moment where you might not have been your best; but you tried your best and you were the proudest of yourself. That’s when your super power was unveiled. Get inspired by this year’s theme of “What’s Your Super Power?” and use the theme as the beginning point of your video/animation production. Share YOUR super power with the world!
The top media works from this class will be submitted to a Regional Contest, and possibly move onto a Provincial Contest.
Here is the video that received an honourable mention last year.
Steps to success.
1) Work alone, in pairs or in a group of 3 people.
2) Brainstorm and plan an idea that will closely relate to the theme of “What’s your Super Power”.
3) Storyboard, write out a script, sketch animation, or think of lyrics for your audio work.
4) Produce your project, using iMovie, or other video software, or animation software.
5) Remember, if you are in groups, you will have to share the winnings of the film.
You don’t have to enter the contest but you must make a film related to the theme.
The top film in the class will represent our school at the board level.
Here are the specifics for the Contest
Creative Division Submission Guidelines
[Link to Guidelines]
OSSTF/FEESO reserves the right to use prose and poetry entries or portions thereof or to use photos or excerpts from creative entries in future Federation publications. Entries will be returned to local District offices following OSSTF/FEESO’s Annual Meeting in March 2016.
Link to Entry Forms and other information.
[Link to Rubric]